Sometimes, you are tangled in the web of busy schedules and this makes it so difficult for you to care for your skin. Who has the time to go for those indulgent, expensive, monthly facials? Although some do, I like to spend my free time lazing around. I would rather cuddle up in bed with a good book than make my way to a salon for a facial.
But neglecting my skin didn’t help much. I started noticing blackheads and whiteheads on my otherwise clear skin. It also seemed extremely dull, until I chanced upon Himalaya’s Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub. It truly proved to be that perfect skin care partner for someone like me who doesn’t pay much heed to skin care.
Why Is It Essential To Use A Face Scrub?
It’s great that you follow a proper CTM routine. But if you don’t exfoliate your skin, it won’t be as healthy as it possibly could be. So, what is exfoliation? It simply means using light abrasives to remove the dead skin cells that pile up on the surface of the skin. The wrong exfoliator can make it look, rough, dry, and dull. You tend to notice the dullness more as you age. Also, as the dead skin piles up, your pores tend to get blocked and your skin releases excess oils, which can lead to acne and blemishes.
With the right exfoliation, the dead skin is peeled off, and fresh, new skin is revealed. Also, it creates a passage for the moisturizer to seep into the skin, making it more effective. On the whole, scrubbing your face will make sure your skin is replenished and rejuvenated.
Himalaya’s Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub is perfect if you have normal skin. It gently exfoliates your skin and removes the grime that your usual face wash leaves behind. It also contains crab apple, which acts as a soothing antiseptic as well as a keratolytic agent that loosens dead skin. The walnut shells are broken down into granules, which, as you scrub, gently remove blackheads and dead cells. The wheat germ oil in the scrub is rich in Vitamin E. Together, these ingredients nourish, cleanse, and moisturize your skin and give it a beautiful, healthy glow.
It comes in an elegant white tube, which makes it very easy to use and carry around. When you smear some on your palms, it oozes out a gentle, relaxing, fruity fragrance. You can tell it is natural and herbal. The product itself is smooth and soft, with the scrub particles folded in. It is gentle on your skin and doesn’t dry out your skin once you use it. It also removes dead skin effectively.
To use, I usually squeeze a little bit of the product on my fingers, and spread it across my damp skin (face+neck). I then use clockwise movements and massage the skin with my fingertips. I do this all over the face and neck area for a good five minutes. This inculcates proper circulation of blood, giving the skin a nice warm glow. The results are fantastic.
The shelf life of this product is about 36 months from the date of manufacturing and is extremely affordable. I would rate it 4.5/5.
This product is a friend in need, indeed. For all the times you need to put on your best face on, but don’t seem to find the time to do it, you can just give yourself a quick scrub and be your most confident self. This product gives your regular face pack even better results. Your skin is super ready to take in the nutrients from the pack. They say that you must give yourself a face scrub at least once a week for clean, healthy skin. It’s true. I have started doing that, and my blackheads and whiteheads have already reduced. My skin is happy! So, let me quickly sum up the pros and cons so that you can decide if you want to invest in this product or not.
The Big Positives
- This product helps you stimulate skin renewal, giving you fresh bright skin.
- The dead skin is removed with ease.
- You will notice your skin becoming both smooth and soft.
- The fragrance of the product is soothing.
- Being a herbal product, it has very few chemical effects.
- The skin never feels dry after use.
- The way the product is packaged in a tube makes it convenient for use – it is portable and spill proof.
- The product will very well fit in your budget.
- It is the easiest way to spruce up your skin when you don’t have much time.
The Minute Negatives
- You must keep in mind that the product is only a scrub that cleanses your skin. If you are looking for skin whitening or tan removal, this is not the product for you. It will not help you achieve the results you are looking for.
- The minute scrub particles can be quite sharp, so if you have sensitive skin, you might want to do a patch test and see how the product feels on your skin before you use it on your face.
If you are convinced enough, you could buy this product on the Himalaya Herbals website.